RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON releases on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD May 18! My family and I loved this movie and the powerful message it taught us. To celebrate the release we have a new activity packet and a giveaway to share with you!
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus Feature
• An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
• Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
• Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
• Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
• Martial Artists – You’ll get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
• We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
• Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
• Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
• The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from Raya and the Last Dragon.
o The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
o Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
o Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
o Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
o The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Raya Activity Packet
Grab this fun activity packet with recipe cards to write down your family’s favorite recipes!
Win a Digital Code for Raya and the Last Dragon! Comment on this post and tell me one thing your family loves make! Taco Soup is a family favorite in our home.
Winner will receive one digital code that can be redeemed at MoviesAnywhere.com or on the Movies Anywhere app.