A Family fun, game night and exercise all in one? Yes that’s exactly how I would describe Ring Fit Adventure. Ring Fit Adventure for the Nintendo Switch is just what our family needed to get our bodies moving!
Ring Fit Adventure is a game that combines physical activity and mini adventures to help get your body moving. The purpose is to get you up and explore more than 100 levels in over 20 vibrant worlds in your quest to defeat a bodybuilding dragon and his minions using real-life exercises! It is a ton of fun, and you can really work up a sweat doing it! My kids ages 8, 14 and 16 all enjoy this game and challenging each other.
Making the Most out of Your Ring Fit Adventure
- Looking to get started right away? Quick Play offers challenges and 12 mini games that are ready when the game starts, so you can jump into a quick workout whenever you want! My kids are obsessed with the Crate Crasher!
- Down for an Adventure? You can explore 100 levels in over 20 vibrant worlds in your quest to defeat a bodybuilding dragon and his minions using real-life exercises! My son loves adventure mode and taking on the dragon. It’s like he is in the game, and he loves to earn special rewards.
- Compete with friends and family! This is my kids favorite way to play 🙂 If you’re feeling competitive, you can even pass the Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories to a buddy and take turns in different fun activities, like breaking boxes with gusts of air, crafting pottery using squats, and more.
- Create a custom workout. If you’re looking for a more formal workout, you can create customizable workout routines, mixing exercises and mini games that can target specific muscle groups. This has quickly become my go to for a at home workout that I enjoy. You can choose your target areas and reps. It is a great at home workout option!
- Rainy Day or PE Option. Ring Fit Adventure makes a great PE substituted for kids. Especially when the weather is not nice outside. My kids have asked to do this as their physical activity every day since we opened it. It’s great body movement that they can enjoy and feel rewarded with.
Ring Fit Adventure Tips
- Wear socks and running shoes. This helps get you in the mood to work out, and also can prevent energy.
- Wear comfortable clothing so you can do the moves to the fullest. There is a lot of yoga poses involved.
- Depending how intense or serious you take eht game, stretch for 5 min before and after.
- Keep a water bottle close by, trust me it is a real workout.
- Don’t do too many of one color exercices. You don’t want to overload your muscles, our bodies need a variety of exercise, not a hyper focus on one area.
- Check and update the difficulty level. Press B to get to the menu and each player can set the difficulty level they are comfortable with.
- Play on a yoga mat for maximum comfort while playing. This helps prevent slips or falls, especially for my kids.
The Ring Fit Adventure comes with a Ring Con, Leg Strap and the game. I think this game is perfect for kids and adults. My family has enjoyed being active and going on all kinds of virtual adventures! To purchase, or for more info, visit https://ringfitadventure.nintendo.com/