Halloween is going to look different this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make the most out of it! My family is planning a fun night in full of spooky games and treats! I wanted to share a few fun ideas for your family to enjoy the spooky season to the fullest!
Perfect for all of you little boys and ghouls to enjoy this Halloween. I’m sharing Rice Krispie Ghosts, A Spooky Scavenger Hunt and a monster punch to die for!
Halloween Fun at Home Ideas!
Rice Krispie Ghosts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 can or tube of white frosting
- black gel frosting
- candy eyes
- Grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- Combine your butter and marshmallows in a large heat bowl and heat in the microwave. Heat on 30 second intervals, stirring vigorously in between, until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in your rice krispies and pour the whole lot into your pan.
- Use a spatula greased to press rice krispies in. Let them firm up for 15 minutes on the countertop.
- Next, take a ghost shaped cookie cutter and use it to cut out shapes of the rice krispie treat.
- Set your ghost shapes on a flat surface or cookie tray lined with parchment paper and set in the fridge to cool another 15 min.
- When nice and firm, they are ready to decorate.
- Cover each ghost with white icing, and use the black icing to outline, or for features. Add your candy eyes and you are done!
Spooky Scavenger Hunt
Download, print for as many people playing. Cut out the items to find and hide inside your home or backyard. Give each child a checklist of items to find and start the challenge. Get creative with hiding places and be sure to have a special reward or treat for when each person completed the hunt. Enjoy this spooky adventure!
Marvelous Monster Punch
- 1-quart lime sherbet
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen lime juice concentrate
- 1 L of Green Hawaiian Punch
- 1L of Sprite
- Candy to top such as worms, candy eyes
- 1 can of frosting
- Dip each glass in frosting, coating the rim completely
- Dip the frosting in sprinkles and cover all frosted areas
- Mix all liquids together and stir well
- Pour the punch mix into frosted glasses
- Add in a generous scoop of sherbet to each glass
- Top with spooky candy
Plan to carve pumpkins? Check out the best pumpkin carving/decorating tips and hacks here!