Monster Jam just rumbled it’s way through DC this past weekend and it was a fabulous show as always! If you have never been to a show, I’m going to share what you can expect.
Washington, DC fans got to witness the heated rivalries, high-flying stunts and fierce head-to-head battles for the Event Championship. Engineered to perfection, the 12,000-pound Monster Jam trucks push all limits in Freestyle, Skills, Donuts and Racing competitions. The Arena Series East Champion will receive a highly coveted automatic bid to the prestigious Monster Jam World Finals® to compete for the title of World Champion. The 2022 Monster Jam World Finals will be held in Orlando on May 21 and 22.
Monster Jam Fun Facts
- These trucks are massive at about 12 feet tall.
- The tires are 66 inches and weight at least 10,000 pounds.
- The trucks can travel up to 100 MPH and they can fly up to 125 to 130 feet out at up to 35 feet in the air.
- Most Monster Jam trucks run with nitrogen gas shocks. Some trucks run with one shock per tire, while others with as many as two per tire. The complete shock package includes a coil-over-shock kit and spring that costs $1,600.
- The average cost of a truck is $250,000.
- Full-size cars are the most common vehicle crushed by trucks. Monster Jam crushes about 3,000 cars every year.
What To Expect
- Loud noises! If you have never been to a Monster Jam show before, you need to be prepared for the noise! It gets loud. Buy a pack of ear plugs for the whole family and be ready to feel the rumble.
- If you have a child who is sensitive to noise, this may not be an event for them. It is loud even with earplugs. If you have a child who is nervous but still interested, let them watch some YouTube videos in advance, bring some sensory toys with you that can help them feel at ease while the initial show begins.
- Fun competition! You will soon find yourself cheering for your favorite truck and drivers as they compete in many fun rounds of donuts, racing, freestyle and skills. Freestyle is always a fan favorite. It really is amazing to see what these drivers can do.
- The show is about 2 hours long with a 15 minute intermission.
My kids have always loved attending these shows from the time they were toddlers to now teens. It is a unique experience and lots of fun to witness in person. My daughters love to see the girl drivers, because girl power! I love Grave Digger because he is an classic truck. The Zombie and Megalodon are such cool looking trucks, very fun to see in action. This is an event we all love to attend, cheer loud for and feel the energy in the arena. Monster Jam really is a family friendly show!
Find a Monster Jam Show Near You! Visit MonsterJam.com for more detailed information on the event and wellness policies.