My kids are obsessed with Nintendo. Our Nintendo Switch has become one of our families favorite ways to have fun together. Especially in times like these, it is nice to be silly with one another and focus our attention elsewhere. My kids have seen the commercials and have been wanting Animal Crossings: New Horizons. When it arrived in their Easter Basket, joy erupted! So, is this game worth the hype? Is it kid friendly?
My short answer is yes! My kids ages 15, 13, and 8 all love it. They all have their own personalized characters, play duo screen, and even like watching one another play. It is a huge hit in our home.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons You Can:
• Build your community from scratch on a deserted island brimming with possibility
• Create your personal getaway and customize your character, home, decorations, and even the landscape itself
• Collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools! Then, use what you create to give your island a personal touch
• Watch as the time of day and seasons match real life—even your hemisphere! Each day holds potential for surprises and discoveries
• Get to know the island residents, garden, fish, decorate, hunt for fossils, and more!
• Show off your paradise – play on the same system with a total of 4 people, or play together online with up to 8 players
Reasons We love Animal Crossing: New Horizon
Animal Crossing: New Horizons received an “E” (“Everyone”) rating from the ESRB video game ratings board. This means is safe for all ages, and everyone can enjoy. No violence, or fighting. You can get a bee sting, and then also get some medicine right away. You can bonk a character on the head, but it doesn’t get any more intense than that. Silly, and harmless. It is parent approved.
It provides a fun way to let off steam and relax. The entire game is about chilling out on a deserted island, and making the best of it. My kids think it is so much fun to unplug from school, and plug into this incredible world they created here in Animal Crossings: New Horizons. Taking the time to enjoy the “daily” rhythms of the paradise you created can be so soothing! Plus, who doesn’t want to take to cute animals?!
It gets our creative juices flowing. You have to put some thought and work into collecting resources, building houses, museums, and other cool buildings. It is so cool to decorate your paradise throughout the day, or enjoy sunset on the beach while fishing in the ocean! Creating something from scratch is very satisfying, even if it is a digital world. I have loved seeing how my kids create in their own little islands.
Overall I would definitely rate this game as E for everyone. We have been enjoying it daily! Check out Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch for unlimited family fun!
I was provided with a copy of this game in exchange for my review. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.