When visiting the sweetest place on earth, you definitely need to STAY at one of the sweetest places on earth. Did you know? Hershey has two top notch resorts to offer their guests, one being The Hotel Hershey and one being The Hershey Lodge! My family and I had the pleasure of enjoying the incredible amenities that the Hershey Lodge has to offer families. Check out my top 5 reasons to stay at the Hershey Lodge!
1. Family friendly recreation & activities! As soon as we arrived to the resort, we got the daily schedule and the kids were excited to get going! Some of the day’s activities included a scavenger hunt, bingo, s’mores, and more! We did these activities together as a family, and of course there is always chocolate involved!
2. Hershey’s Water Works! This is included with all overnight stays. You and your family can enjoy 30,000 square feet of splashing good times. My kids loved Water Works! They each took a walk across the Reese’s Water Walk and many turns down the Twizzlers Twists water slides. We also enjoyed the basketball hoops and outdoor splash pad area, too! There is even a jacuzzi that parents can relax in. I love that they offer life jackets, a really neat kiddie area, and there is the COCOA CABANA if you should need any snacks or drinks. We could have spent a whole day here!
3. Kids’ Check-In! This was a big hit for my kids. Each of them got to sign the “Kids at Hershey Lodge” guest book, guess in the candy guessing game, and get their own chocolate surprise. They really loved getting their own personalized lanyard, too! This is a great way to kick off your trip, and the kids felt like Hershey royalty.
4. Resort amenities and on site recreations can’t be beat! While staying at the resort you can enjoy the basketball court, mini golf, the tennis court, and they even have board games available for families to enjoy. How awesome is that!? When staying at the Hershey Lodge, you also get FREE admission to the Hershey Gardens, The Hershey Story museum, and the night before park preview if you have tickets to visit Hersheypark! They really give their guests unlimited options for family fun!
5. Comfort. The Hershey Lodge is not only full of fun and chocolate, but the rooms are really comfortable and spacious. We stayed in a room with two queen beds, and the bedding itself was so cozy. I loved that they had extra sheets and pillows in the closet as well. My absolute favorite part is the cocoa infused shampoo, conditioner, and soap! So amazing. Of course we even had welcome kisses waiting for us.
We had such a great time at the Hershey Lodge! I would certainly recommend this resort to any family visiting the Hershey, PA area. Not only can you kick up your feet and relax, you can also do many daily activities with your family. Creating memories and enjoying family time is what the sweetest place on earth is all about!
To read about our Hersheypark experience, click here!