Our family is always up for a new adventure! We love to travel and experience new places together. We have loved watching a fun and informative series, George Goes Everywhere. George explores different cities and highlights the unexpected must do activates and amazing eats! I had a chance to talk with George Igoe and hear about his love for travel and even get some tips for our upcoming trips!
George Goes Everywhere: Exploring cities across the U.S. with just 100 bucks in his pocket, George shares clever travel tips & tricks that won’t break the bank account or max out the credit card.
Watch My Interview with George Igoe Below:
Travel tips from George Goes Everywhere
- Do your research. Get familiar with the place you want to visit before you go.
- Go past the first page of Google. To go beyond touristy places, go beyond that first Google page. Be adventurous and try something new!
- Ask locals for suggestions. George will often ask people he meets at locations such as museum workers or his server that day for where to visit next or the best place in town for fill in the blank.
- Pack light. Carry on travel is where it is at. Creating new experiences and being able to have more time doing just that is much more important than packing extra items or what if accessories.
- If you are going to do a souvenir make it unique to the place and one of a kind or don’t get it. Taking photos at landmarks or short videos are the best souvenirs.
Where would you and your family go for $100 a day? We are heading to Nashville this summer and by the looks of that episode, there is so much fun to be had on a budget!