Breakfast in bed is something every mom enjoys. Okay, any hot breakfast moms do not have to make is pure bliss! I made the most delicious French Toast recently, and I just have to share it with you all. French Toast can be very basic, but I wanted to jazz it up a bit. I did just that with a coconut crust, fresh berries, and by using Little Northern Bakehouse bread!
Little Northern Bakehouse is dedicated to making healthier, gluten-free breads that sacrifice nothing in taste and texture. I actually love the texture of their breads. Little Northern Bakehouse offers a variety of products that differ greatly from the current options in the category. This is one of the only gluten free bread brands that my kids enjoy, too! Not only is the bread delicious, but it is really good for you! Little Northern Bakehouse products are sourced from gluten-free, non-GMO and whole-food ingredients, and feature delicious seeds and grains for a boost in nutrition. Many are also 100% plant-based and vegan, appealing to a wide-variety of diets and food preferences. There is something for everyone. Their full line up includes: Whole Grain Wide Slice Loaf, White Wide Slice Loaf, Millet & Chia Loaf, Seeds & Grain Loaf, Cinnamon & Raisin Loaf, Millet & Chia Hot Dog Buns, and the Millet & Chia Buns.
You can find Little Northern Bakehouse products in the freezer section of the grocery store in most natural foods retailers.
Now, time make this Coconut Berry French Toast the star of your Mother’s Day Brunch!
Coconut Berry French Toast
- 12 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 14 slices of Little Northern Bakehouse Bread
- 1 package of sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add in milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add bread, a few slices at a time; let soak for 1 minute on each side. Coat both sides with coconut. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 475° for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with fresh berries and powdered sugar.
- Can also cook in a frying pan or griddle over medium heat, 5 minutes per side.
This is an easy, but delicious French Toast recipe! I used the Whole Grain Wide Slice Loaf, and it worked perfectly for French Toast! If you make it, let me know how it turns out. 🙂 Enjoy!