Have a little fun with St. Patrick’s Day this year with these simple and festive crafts & treats! My kids love to whip up a treat with me, or create a fun craft. I have some really easy ones to share with you. Make a Leprechaun trap and some lucky leprechaun punch for a magical St. Patrick’s Day together!
Rainbow Handprints –
Your kid will love getting to paint their hands different colors and create a rainbow! This is perfect for St.Patrick’s day. All you need is a blank canvas or paper, and whatever colors you’d like to paint your rainbow.
- Variety of paint
- sponge paint brush
- blank paper or canvas
- Paint your child hand and stamp it on the paper.
- Wash the hand and paint the same hand a different color, and stamp again.
- Repeat until you have a rainbow or fill your page.
- Add white fully could with paint brush on each end of the handprints.
Leprechaun Popsicle Stick Hat –
An easy craft, good for all ages. Use popsicle sticks to create a Leprechaun Hat, don’t forget the buckle! You can paint or color your own popsicle sticks green or purchase green ones.
- Popsicle sticks 10-15
- Green paint, or markers
- Black and yellow construction paper
- Hot glue or glue dots
- Color or paint your popsicle sticks
- Layout the shape of a hat. About 2 on the bottom and 6 on top
- Glue each vertical stick to the horizontal ones
- Use strips of black and yellow construction paper to create the belt and buckle
DIY Leprechaun Trap –
We all wish we could catch one of these little guys. You can try with this easy DIY trap. With a hat, some gold coins and colorful pipe cleaners, you can create a magical rainbow seen that no leprechaun can resist.
- A hat
- Gold tissue paper, gold grass
- Construction paper
- Pipe cleaners – variety of colors
- Cut a hole in the top of the hat, cover with gold tissue paper or gold “grass”
- Create a rainbow over the top of the hat with pipe cleaners and prop up over the hole
- Create a fun sign with paper and markers
- Create a walkway and ladder with popsicle sticks
- Add some decorations with gold coins and green anything; feathers, sparkles, and so on
Lucky Leprechaun Punch –
Enjoy St.Patrick’s Day with this delicious green drink. It is only 3 ingredients; Sprite, Pineapple Juice & Green Hawaiian Punch. Combine these and top with whipped cream. We like to add some extra magic with a sprinkle coated rim and rainbow candy toppings.
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup of hawaiian punch
- 1/2 cup of sprite or 7up
- Whip Cream
- Airheads Rainbow Candy
- Dip the cup ring in icing then in the sprinkles to coat the rin
- Add all liquids and mix together
- Top with whip cream and rainbow airheads
Leprechaun Bark –
This is so easy and so fun to make! Melt white chocolate, spread and top with your favorite rainbow candies and let set in the fridge. When it is cool, break into pieces and enjoy! Kids love adding toppings to this!
- 1 bag of white chocolate melts ( you can use any color or flavor you like)
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Marshmallows ( Rainbow or any kind you like)
- Rainbow Airheads
- Parchment paper
- Melt chocolate to directions on the bag
- Pour over parchment paper on lined sheet pan
- Spread evenly with spatula
- Sprinkle candy all over
- Set in the fridge to set for 1 hour
- Break apart into pieces and enjoy
Leprechaun Party Mix –
This is a craft and treat combined. Create a Leprechaun hat with green cups and black & yellow construction paper. Fill with popcorn, skittles, sprinkles and a gold wrapped Rollo. The kids think this is so fun to make and eat!
- Green Cups/Black & Green Construction Paper/Gold Pipe Cleaner/Stickers/
- Popcorn/Skittles/Sprinkles/Fruit Loops/Rollos
- Hot Glue/Scissors
- Cut a circle on the green paper for bottom on the hat
- Glue the green cup to the green paper
- Add black construction paper as the belt and pipe cleaner as the buckle
- Add stickers if you’d like
- Mix all snack items together, top with Rollo or other gold candy 🙂
I hope you and your family enjoy these treats and crafts! It is sure magical to spend time together and create some magic. Happy St.Patrick’s Day!