Cookies and Christmas go hand in hand. Nothing says Happy Holidays like baking. My kids and I love to make cookies for movie nights, gifts and just because. If you like Peppermint, you will love these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are soft, chewy and taste like little bites of Christmas. Get this delicious recipe below.
This is an easy recipe that can be doubled and even frozen if desired. I love how the frosting sets these cookies over the top. Be sure to add fun sprinkles of your choosing to make them even more festive! These cookies would also make a great holiday gift, wrapped in twine with a card. I dare you to try and eat only one!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
PrepTime: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: About 30 cookies
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2 Sticks Softened Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 2 ¼ cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Cookie Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and vanilla extract using a mixer.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour 1/4 a cup at time.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Make small cookie dough balls, approximately 1 inch.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating.
- 1 stick butter – softened/room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- sprinkles, crushed candy cane for decorating
- In a large bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat the butter until it is smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, a little at a time.
- Add in the peppermint extract.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk a little at a time too.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cookies and add additional candies/sprinkles.