New episodes of Fast & Furious Spy Racers are now available on Netflix! This action packed show is back for season 2, and we have a yummy treat to celebrate! Did you know the spy racer crew’s adventures take place in Brazil? I have a delicious and easy Brazilian inspired treat to share with you!
About the Show
Heart-pounding action as a group of teenagers led by Tony Toretto, following in the footsteps of his cousin Dom, are recruited by a government agency to infiltrate an elite racing league serving as a front for a nefarious crime organization. With their slick cars and an array of gadgets and spy gear, this hip group will race to save the world from destruction. My kids think this show is fun and action packed!
Brazilian Brigadeiros – Chocolate Truffles Recipe
One of the most loved Brazilian treats are Brigadeiros. These are like a Brazilian chocolate treasure! Sweet, chewy, fudge balls. What’s not to love? The name “brigadeiro” means “brigadier” in English. According to popular beliefs, the Brigadeiro was created in honor of Brazilian Brigadier Eduardo Gomes in the 40s. With a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy this Brazilian chocolate treat!
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Chocolate sprinkles
Add cocoa and sweetened condensed milk into a sauce pan and stir.
- Be sure to stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, continue stirring constantly. Mixture should look thick and shiny and pulling away from the pan. You will know it is done when you can scoop some of the mixture up and turn the spoon upside down without the mixture falling off immediately.
- Add in butter and vanilla, mix well.
Pour mixture into greased dish and refrigerate until it is firm, about 30 minutes.
Place sprinkles in a small bowl. Rub your hands with butter or cooking spray and roll teaspoon size scoops of the mixture to form 1- 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in the chocolate sprinkles to cover it completely. Place on parchment paper or in mini baking cups.
Store covered at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Makes 15-20 Brigadeiros. Enjoy!