Nothing says the holidays are here like a fresh batch of cookies! I love to bake and I love to add seasonal touches to my baking. I am excited to be a part of Houseful of Nicholes Houseful of Cookies! In the spirit of Christmas, and cookie exchanges, I have a delicious Dark Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Cookie recipe to share with you!
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 cup black cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp peppermint extract optional
- 1 bag of White Candy Melts or white chocolate, melted
- crushed candy canes or peppermints
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars on med-high until light and fluffy (approx. 2-3mins). Reduce speed and add egg. Beat until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins, or until the middle is set. Cookies will deflate and crinkle a bit upon cooling.
- Cool on pans for 5 mins then transfer to to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate and add in peppermint extract.
- Dip in melted candy melts or white chocolate, place on a parchment paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Allow to set.
These are great to make in large batches and pass out to neighbors or as teacher gifts. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!