My family and I are just starting to come down off of our staycation high. We spent the weekend soaking up all of the SummerFest fun that the Gaylord National Resort has to offer this summer! We love visiting the Gaylord National. The hotel is beautiful and they always have something fun going on. See our top 5 reasons you should check out SummerFest!
1. The Resort- This is no plain Jane, ordinary hotel. The Gaylord National is huge, gorgeous, and waiting for you to explore it. We feel like we truly have escaped the hustle and bustle of the DC/NOVA life when we walk through the doors. The beautiful atrium is the perfect place to enjoy a drink and take in a deep breath. Even the outside grounds are serene and ideal for an evening stroll.
2. Aquafina® Summer Movie Matinees- My kids were so excited to jump in the pool and watch a movie! This is the perfect way to begin your SummerFest festivities! Bring your floaties and pool toys, then dive in Saturdays from 4-6 pm. Swimming and a movie!
3. The Silent Disco- This was by far my kids’ favorite activity. Put on your pjs and head to the atrium for the ultimate dance party. Guests are given wireless headphones to wear and then you can select from music mixes made just for kids. The DJ was playing everything from the Cha Cha Slide to music from Disney Channel’s Descendants. My kids were loving every second of it, and they were certainly dancing like no one was watching! The photo props and glow sticks made it even more epic!
4. Music Mystery Scavenger Hunt- This is fun for the whole family! Explore the hotel and search high and low for the musical notes hiding throughout the hotel. Once you find all of the musical notes, decipher the song title, and you can enter to win an overnight stay! The kids loved finding each note.
5. Americana, Nightly Atrium Laser Light Show- This was the cherry on top! The atrium comes alive with a truly fantastic show that celebrates the Music of America throughout the ages. The kids loved seeing the fountains and the lasers dancing to the beat of the music. See a sneak peek of the show below! You can catch this nightly at 9 pm, don’t miss it!
SummerFest at the Gaylord National is the perfect summer getaway for families. There is a great balance of fun and relaxing activities. In addition to the hotel, the National Harbor offers more excitement like The Capital Wheel, the Peeps Store and the Tanger Outlets. Your family will no doubt have a magnificent time, and make plenty of fun memories during your stay!