My family and I love the National Harbor. It is a frequent hangout spot for us. There are so many great shops and restaurants at the Harbor and one wheely cool attraction 🙂 This past weekend my family and I ventured up into the 180′ tall wheel that takes residence at the National Harbor and took in the breathtaking view! It is a must see for the whole family. You feel as though you are slowly gliding through the air, round and round as you take in the sights. From the wheel you can see the Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol, Alexandria, Prince George’s County, and of course the magnificent harbor. My kids were pointing out all the cool things they noticed during our ride.
The Capital Wheel is located at 116 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD 20745. It consists of 42 climate controlled gondolas. Yes you heard me right, climate controlled, AC all summer long, heat all winter, and even pretty music! It makes for a complete experience as you can fully relax and enjoy the ride. The Capital Wheel also offers a VIP gondola, called The National Harbor One. The VIP gondola provides a luxurious ride with its leather bucket seats and glass floor. The National Harbor One can accommodate up to four riders. VIP tickets at $50 each allow you to step right to the head of the line, and a photo package is included, too! The National Harbor One is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and tickets can be purchased at the ticket booth on the pier the day of your visit. How fun does the sound? Perfect for a special night!
What You Need To Know
- Ticket Prices are $15 for adults, $11.25 per child age 3–11. Free for children ages 2 and under.
Discount pricing is available for seniors and military with valid ID for $13.50. Tickets for National Harbor One (the VIP Gondola) cost $50 each. The VIP Gondola can fit up to four riders.
- Summer Hours are every day from 10:00am – 11:00pm.
- Rides are about 12-15 minutes long.
- Tickets are good for up to 6 months after purchase.
- No food or drink is allowed inside the gondolas.
- Watch/ask for specials the day you attend (e.g. 2 hours of free parking with purchase of 2 adult tickets).
- The Capital Wheel does not accept cash at this time. You can pay via Master Card, Visa, or Discover.
- Ride after dark to see the wheel’s beautiful lighting – 1.6 million LED lights, with a spectrum of 16,387,064 colors!
- Don’t forget to stop and get your snow cone after you ride 😉
For more information on The Capital Wheel and to purchase tickets, click here. Connect with the Capital Wheel on social media and share your pictures at Facebook.com/TheCapitalWheel Twitter.com/CapitalWheel, & Instagram.com/CapitalWheel
I was provided with complementary Capital Wheel tickets in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are always 100% my own.