Our family, as others say, is an adventurous one! We love going on day trips, familiar favorite spots, and of course, exploring new ones! This year we made the decision to get Gold Season Passes to Virginia’s premiere amusement part, Kings Dominion. It made the most sense for us to purchase the gold pass since we know we would want to come back again and again.
We have three children ages 10, 8, and 3. The park really does have something for all of us. Our oldest two are at the age where they love riding the big roller coasters with dad, while our youngest prefers to hang out in Planet Snoopy. The park has so much to offer for families and that’s the biggest draw for us. We loved singing along with the Peanuts Gang and meeting our favorite characters. No one was bored and no one wanted to leave, even at the end of a long day.
An exciting part for our family is the anticipation of Soak City, the water park portion of the park included with admission, which opens May 23. Aqua Blast, just 1 out of the 5 newest water park additions, will send riders twisting and spiraling through an enclosed chute featuring four intense 360-degree loops across 449 feet of slide before they’re dropped out into a pool of water. How fun does that sound? We are eagerly waiting Memorial Day weekend to ride that one!
This year Kings Dominion celebrates their 40th birthday, and it is sure to be their best year yet! The park does a great job at offering special and seasonal events throughout the operating year. Some events that will be taking place this year include Spring in Bloom, Joy Fest, Kids Fest, BBQ and Blue Grass Festival, and much more. So far we have experienced the Spring in Bloom Festival that goes through May 10. The whole park was bursting with beautiful colors, Peanut character-shaped trees, and of course the specialty dining spots that were placed throughout. Seeing how well this event was done, we are looking forward to the next event here at Kings Dominion. For a full list of events, hours, and much more information, click here . You can also download their app!
~5 Tips & Tricks From Our Trip~
- Look into getting a season pass. With the Gold we get perks like free parking, 10% off at select merchandise and food locations, unlimited visits, and more.
- Get the souvenir cup. It comes with free refills on day of purchase, and .99 refills from then on.
- Pack a small backpack even if you don’t have kids. You can set your keys, sunglasses, and wallets inside during the rides and shows.
- Packing a cooler with lunch/dinner or snacks is worth it. The park offers nice shaded picnic areas. It will save you money so that you can get that funnel cake later on 😉
- Head to Planet Snoopy Family Care Center if you need a break. There are family bathrooms, water fountains, rocking chairs, tv, and toys located inside.
For more helpful information to know before you go, visit KD’s Trip Tips page!
All opinions provided are 100% my own. I was not paid or sponsored to write this review.