Take me out to the ball game! It’s not summer without a trip to the ball park. Our family loves heading to see our home team the Washington Nationals. This summer they have all kinds of great family friendly events as well as an amazing kids eat free promo! Checkout the family events at the Nationals Park and snag a discount code for tickets!
Family Fun at Nationals Park This Summer
“When we became the first MLB team to launch a free meal program for young fans in 2019, we aimed to provide our fans with the best game day experience possible,” said Alan Gottlieb, Chief Operating Officer, Lerner Sports. “This season, we’re excited to bring Kids Eat Free back with some additional enhancements that make the process easier and more convenient, helping families spend more time together watching baseball at Nationals Park.”
Kids meals will be available via mobile ordering on the MLB Ballpark app at five concessions locations throughout the ballpark (Sections 110, 129, 141, 229 and 301). The offer is redeemable once per game per child by using the code KIDSEATFREE in the app. Children must be present to pick up their meals. For more information, visit nationals.com/KidsEatFree.
The return of Kids Eat Free is the latest way the Washington Nationals, recently named among Sports Innovation Lab’s most innovative teams in the world, are making the game day experience more affordable and more convenient for fans. The ball club also offers monthly Value Days, with discounts on tickets, concessions, merchandise and parking, as well as Harris Teeter Family Fun Packs for every regular-season home game. Mobile ordering minimizes time spent waiting in lines so fans can enjoy more of the game from their seats. Click HERE to download Kids Eat Free photos and video.
Nationals Discount Tickets
Save 30% off Nationals tickets using the exclusive code MAGNIFICENT
- Tickets can be purchased through www.nationals.com/Tickets
- Select the game of your choice and click “Buy Tickets”
- Choose from almost any game all season (the only 2 blackout dates are 6/18 and 7/16)
- In the box that asks “Do you have a coupon code?” enter the code MAGNIFICENT
- Select your seats, complete the checkout process, and enjoy the game!
Additional family-friendly amenities and activities include:
· Jr. Nationals Kids Club offers members-only offers and exclusive appearances all season long
· Kids Fun Zone play structure located near the Right Field Gate
· Kids Giveaways presented by Harris Teeter on select weekends, in which the first 5,000 kids ages 12 and under on Saturday and Sunday receive items including a bucket hat, color-your-own pencil case, Nationals Screech Handmade by Robots™ vinyl figure and more
· Kids Run the Bases invites kids ages 4 through 12 to run the bases following every Sunday day game, weather permitting
· First Game Certificates for fans to commemorate their first game at Nationals Park
· Nursing Lounge with air conditioning, TVs, comfortable chairs, changing stations, refrigeration units, a play area and electrical outlets located in Section 223
· Sensory Room and sensory bag available from guest services in the Center Field Plaza
· Signature Sundays give fans the chance to get autographs from players, coaches and broadcasters following Sunday games, subject to weather and availability
· Summer Reading Program offers students a voucher for two free tickets to a game if they complete their local library’s program, plus the addition of free Summer Reading Sundays programming
For more information and to buy tickets, visit nationals.com.
KIDS EAT FREE DETAILS
- Kids Eat Free returns to Nationals Park through Aug. 3 (4:05 PM vs. NYM). Kids ages 12 and under can receive a free meal including a hot dog, choice of chips or applesauce, and choice of bottled water or apple juice box at all Nationals home games.
- Kids meals are available via mobile ordering on the MLB Ballpark app at select concessions locations throughout the ballpark. The offer is redeemable once per game per child by selecting the Kids Eat Free meal and using the code KIDSEATFREE in the app. Children must be present to pick up their meals. For more information, visit nationals.com/KidsEatFree.
o To select the Kids Eat Free meal in the MLB Ballpark App, scan any QR Code or open the MLB Ballpark app and tap on Mobile Ordering.
o From the Food & Drinks tab on the app, select any stand that says “Kids Eat Free Promotion Available Here.” Once the concession stand has been chosen, select and customize the meal through the “Kids Promo Meal” option.
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans start at $20 and are available online at nationals.com/Parking. All Washington Nationals parking lots are now cashless, and will only accept credit card payment at this time. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure a space in their desired location.
Fans using Metro to travel to or from Nationals Park are encouraged to review the Metro schedule at wmata.com/schedules.
Fans should also consider alternate forms of travel to and from the ballpark, including the D.C. Circulator from Union Station, biking to the ballpark, or the baseball boat from Alexandria. Visit nationals.com/WayToGo for information on parking and transportation options to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at http://hsema.dc.gov/page/alertdc.
Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
Play ball! Get your tickets to a game today, it will be a memorable experience for the whole family!