It’s officially baseball season and opening day for the Washington Nationals! With that, I wanted to share with you some of the fun giveaways and theme nights coming your way this 2017 season! The Nationals are committed to creating an engaging gameday experience for our fans, starting from the moment they enter the ballpark until the last out,” said Nationals Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer Valerie Camillo. “This season we are excited to announce giveaways for fans of all ages, including Nationals-themed clothing, unique collectibles and kid-friendly items. Our fan-favorite Theme Nights will return for 2017, with the addition of ’90s Night. We also look forward to introducing our first-ever Easter Egg Hunt at Nationals Park, as well as a Mother’s Day Brunch in May.”
Fun giveaways in 2017 include several Nationals bobbleheads, such as 2016 Silver Slugger Daniel Murphy and rookie sensation Trea Turner. Other giveaway items include a snow globe featuring 2016 National League Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer, a Starting Lineup action figure featuring Bryce Harper and the Nationals’ first-ever Magic 8 Ball giveaway on Opening Day, April 3.
· April 14 – Daniel Murphy Bobblehead presented by PNC Bank (First 25,000 fans)
· May 12 – Trea Turner Bobblehead presented by MASN (First 25,000 fans)
· June 9 – Tanner Roark Bobblehead presented by PNC Bank (First 25,000 fans)
· June 14 (Flag Day) – Patriotic Tank Top presented by Budweiser (First 15,000 fans 21+)
· July 26 – Fedora presented by Delta Air Lines *NEW* (First 25,000 fans)
· August 15 – Tote Bag presented by MLB Network (First 25,000 fans)
· April 3 – Magic 8 Ball presented by GEICO *NEW* (First 20,000 fans)
· May 24 – Max Scherzer Snow Globe presented by Coca-Cola *NEW* (First 25,000 fans)
· May 27 – STAR WARS™ Chewbacca Koozie (First 25,000 fans)
· August 29 – Bryce Harper Starting Lineup Action Figure presented by SAIC *NEW* (First 25,000 fans)
· September 29 – Oktoberfest Beer Stein presented by Budweiser (First 20,000 fans 21+)
Theme Nights will include new events like ’90s Night, as well as the return of STAR WARS™ Day and Oktoberfest. Each Theme Night will involve in-park activations, special scoreboard elements and on-field pregame festivities. A special ticket is NOT required for Theme Nights.
*New for 2017*
· August 11 – ’90s Night
Returning Fan Favorites
· May 27 – STAR WARS™ Day
· July 3 – Postgame Freedom Fireworks presented by Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
· September 29 – Oktoberfest
Special Ticket Events
The Nationals are also excited to introduce a postgame, on-field Easter Egg Hunt and a pregame Mother’s Day Brunch. These events will require the purchase of a special ticket. Other events that require a special ticket for the promotional item and/or pre/postgame event include Pups in the Park, Seniors Stroll the Bases, Yoga in the Outfield, Big 10 Night, Ladies Night, Taste of the World Food Festival and the College Days series. New for 2017, fans that purchase a special ticket for one of the College Days will enjoy pregame festivities dedicated to the featured school and take home a co-branded cap.
*New for 2017*
· April 16 – Easter Egg Hunt
· May 14 – Mother’s Day Brunch
· August 10 – Big 10 Night
· Various Dates – College Day presented by Deloitte (Georgetown, George Washington, James Madison, Maryland, Virginia and Virginia Tech)
Returning Fan Favorites
· May 28, September 10 – Yoga in the Outfield
· June 13 – Night OUT
· June 24, August 30 – Seniors Stroll the Bases
· July 8 – Taste of the World
· July 29 – Ladies Night
· Various Dates – Pups in the Park presented by Budweiser
Special for Kids
Nationals Park was designed for fans of all ages, and there will be several games this season that young baseball fans will particularly enjoy. Family-friendly events like Kids Opening Day, Scout Days and the Youth Baseball and Softball Parade return, and there will also be a kids-only coloring book giveaway on July 30.
Events and Giveaways
· April 16 – Kids Opening Day presented by Jr. Nationals Kids Club
· April 30, June 25 – Youth Baseball and Softball Parade
· July 27 – Camp Day
· July 30 – Coloring Book presented by the Potomac Nationals *NEW* (First 10,000 fans 12 & under)
· October 1 – Youth Soccer Day *NEW*
· Various Dates – Scout Day
· Every Sunday – Kids Run the Bases
Single game tickets for the 2017 season will go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, February 28 at 12 p.m. Tickets may be purchased online at nationals.com, by calling 888.632.NATS(6287) or by visiting the Nationals Park Main Box Office* at Half and N Streets SE.
In addition, the Nationals are launching a FREE Fan Club for fans to join and learn about the team and all Nationals-related initiatives happening off the field. Fan Club members will gain access to fun, exclusive content, unique experiences, discounts, early ticket offers and much more. To sign up or for more information, visit nationals.com/FanClub. For more giveaway and promo details you can also visit nationals.com/promotions.
It is sure to be a fantastic year at the ball game!