My family and I love to eat out, who doesn’t? But even more than eating out, I like to create our favorite take-out dishes at home. One of my family’s favorite things to order out is dumplings and rice. I was excited to create a tasty plant based dish featuring the new Nasoya’s Vegan Dumplings! Dumplings, available in two flavors – Tofu Vegetable and Thai Basil Vegetable. Nasoya’s Vegan Dumplings are USDA Certified Organic and also contain 6-7 grams of plant-protein per serving. That’s right, you can serve up a healthy family meal, that your kids will gobble up, too!, the nation’s leading brand of tofu, has got you covered with Vegan
Try the Nasoya’s Vegan Dumplings served on a bed of Vegetable Fried Rice. The dumplings are so easy to make, they only take a few minutes to pan fry. The rice is simple to make as well. See the full recipe below!
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 3 Tbsp veggie broth
- Tofu for additional protein (optional)
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced, (Napa or regular cabbage)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas,
- 4 cups rice, cooked and cold, (I like Asian rice & brown rice)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Add veggie broth, onion, garlic, carrots, and mushrooms to wok. Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and peas (after they have been thawed).
- Add cooked rice and all other seasonings. If needed, use additional veggie broth to keep from sticking.
- Continue to stir fry another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Serve the rice with the pan fried dumplings and you have a healthy, filling, and delicious meal! This is great for busy weeknights. This recipe is both kid and parent approved! If you make it, let me know what you think 🙂 You can find Nasoya’s Vegan Dumplings at Giant Food, Martin’s Safeway, Weis, Shop Rite, Wegman’s. Want to try them? Download a coupon here!