Halloween is almost here! Is your little one ready to trick-or-treat? We are so ready, and every excited. In addition to the fun costumes and candy, I always try to add a few glow items to our attire. This is a great way to add some more fun to the night, as well as help keep your child safe while trick-or-treating!
Trick-Or-Treating Safety Tips
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids wear glow sticks on their arms and around the necks.
- Have kids wear a flashlight around their wrist or neck to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- Plan a safe Trick-or-Treating route ahead of time. Choose well-lit neighborhoods with sidewalks when possible.
- Remind your kids to stay on sidewalks. If no sidewalks are available, walk along the roads left side while facing traffic.
Oriental Trading has a great selection of fun glow items this Halloween! We ordered a variety of items, and I plan to have my kids wear them to help them stay visible while trick-or-treating. You can choose from a variety of bracelets, necklaces, glow in the dark buttons, flashlights, glow in the dark tattoos, and much more!
I hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween!