Our family ventured out to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee this summer, for a week long family vacation. When planning our trip, I had no idea just how much stuff there is to do in Pigeon Forge. It was an absolute pleasure to partner with the local tourism department, and visit some of the best family friendly attractions in the area! I am here to share with you my top 8.
1. Magiquest This is such a fun activity to do with the whole family! Each person gets a wand, a guide book, and brief training upon arrival. You then have quests to complete and you have 60 or 90 minutes to complete as many as you’d like (pay to play). My kids were very excited to do this and my older two went ahead of us, eager and ready for the challenge. My husband and I helped our youngest. All 5 of us loved the game and the interactive fun it involved. I would definitely recommend this as a top family activity in the area.
2. The Titanic Museum Before you board this magnificent ship, each passenger is given a boarding pass. The adults receive a pass with a real passenger’s bio on it. The kids receive one from a child on the ship. You can have the option to purchase the audio tour. With this, each person is given a special audio lanyard that works like a phone. You dial the number near the area of your tour and you then hear the corresponding information. This was so great for kids because they essentially received a history lesson from a kids point of view. My kids were completely enthralled. I also appreciated hearing the additional tidbits. It made the experience come to life for me. There is so much to see here from artifacts to replicas to movie memorabilia, they have a bit of everything. You could even put your hand in the ice cold water at one point of the tour. History really comes to life at the Titanic Museum Pigeon Forge. This was one of my favorite stops for sure!
3. Firehouse Golf- Our family loves a good mini golf session. We were all very excited about the fun Firehouse theme throughout. They have putters for all sizes and two 18 hole courses. Our party of 11 enjoyed our morning out golfing, and so did the kids! Of course, we had to stop for pics with the fire truck 🙂
4. Magic Beyond Belief with Darren Romeo The BEST magic show in the area! We went in expecting to be entertained, but I have to say Darren Romeo blew us away! The talent and entertainment factor was through the roof! I loved that this show was very family friendly and encouraged all to engage, especially the kids. The kids were called on stage during one part of the show. The magic was so well done and very impressive. Darren Romeo himself is an incredible singer, performer, magician, and overall entertainer. All of the kids said this was their favorite part of the week! Darren was so kind to stay after the show and greet his fans. This made the kids’ night 🙂 I would love to see this show again!
5. Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud Talk about a fun meal out! We chose the 2 pm lunch option and it was fantastic! The feast of southern food was so good. You can eat as much as you’d like, and trust me when I say that we did. The pulled pork, rolls, and the banana pudding were my favorites! We gobbled up the food and eagerly awaited the show. What a great show it was! This was fun from the minute it started all the way ’till the end, never a dull moment. The show combined so many fun elements such as tapping, dancing, acrobats, stunts, comedy, and of course good ol’ country singing! We really enjoyed this performance and would definitely go back next time we are in the area. This show is great for all ages.
6. The Track! This was such a fun afternoon for our family. The Track has an arcade, Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, and Kiddie Rides all in one place! We did the Go-Karts and Bumper Boats and boy did we have a blast! The Go Karts are fast and you get plenty of laps. Littler ones can ride for free, which was great for us! The Bumper Boats were a full-on war zone, everyone spraying everyone! We all got wet, but in the name of good ol’ fashion fun! There is something for every age here at the Track!
7. The Island at Pigeon Forge This is a hot spot for locals and tourism. So many great shops, eats, and fun family activities. We rode the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel and climbed through the Island Ropes Course. The wheel is a fun ride with a fantastic view! It was peaceful and such a sight to see – a must! The Island Ropes course was a lot of fun. My husband and older two did the full size course that includes zip lining and free fall jumping to the ground! It was a fun challenge they couldn’t pass up. They also have a smaller, closer to the ground course for younger kids. My 5 year old loved this! She went around a few times and was so proud of herself for doing it 🙂 This is great for an active outing that you are sure to enjoy!
8. WonderWorks! So much fun to be had here! We stayed for 2 hours, but could have played all day long here. My kids loved this upside down science experiment and everything inside. It was so much fun, and they learned some new things too! We rock climbed, rode the Xtreme 360 bike, climbed a ropes course, made 3d drawings, and so much more! WonderWorks is great for all ages, and there are many fun exhibits you and your children will enjoy together!
As you can see, the family fun is pretty much endless in Pigeon Forge. You are sure to find an activity that is one you will remember. For more activity listings and coupons, click here. Have you been to Pigeon Forge before? If so, what is your must-do activity?