If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World, then you have heard of the Disney Dining Plan. This is, in my opinion, the best way to add meals to your vacation and get the most for your dollar. My family and I have been to the parks with and without the dinning plan, and I can say having done it, we will definitely do it for future trips as well. There are so many pros in doing so. I want to share with you my top 10 reasons to get the Disney Dining Plan!
- You purchase it with your vacation package when booking, so you have time to pay for your entire vacation before it begins, including your food! It makes it easier to budget and save when you know the total price of your vacation.
- There are options for every budget! You can choose between the Quick Service, Plus, or the Plus Deluxe. We have done the Quick Service and the Plus. We preferred the Plus because we knew we would make the most of our sit down meals.
- Starbucks is included as a snack! Yes, you read that right! You can get any size Starbucks drink in the parks and it counts as a snack. Coffee lovers rejoice!
- Get specialty snacks like cupcakes, Mickey pretzels, fudge, and the infamous Dole Whip. You can see a good list of snack items here!
- You can combine credits to go towards special dining experiences such as Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, and Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Each of these count as 2 credits per person- totally worth the amazing food & entertainment!
- Everything goes on your Magic Band. No wallet, no ID, no credit card needed. Even gratuity is added by your band to your room or approved credit card. Complete convenience.
- A refillable mug is included with your package. You can fill this mug at ANY Disney resort. We kept ours in our bag and when at another resort we would fill it up with soda, coffee, or even hot chocolate!
- Lunch & Dinner include dessert! There are so many delicious dessert options, and it was a lot of fun trying different kinds at each place we went.
- You can use extra snack credits on prepackaged snacks to bring home. These make leaving a little easier and they also make for a yummy souvenir!
- You can use your table service credits to dine with your favorite Disney characters! This is by far my favorite reason for our family to use the dining plan. If you plan to do even one character meal, then it is totally worth it! One Table Service Credit per person at each character meal with the exception of Cinderella’s Royal Table (that requires 2 Table Service Credits per person).
A few of my favorite Disney Dining Plan Resources: