Recently, I had the opportunity to shop via Peapod in my yoga pants, from my couch. Need I say more? 🙂 Peapod is an online grocery shopping system for Giant. You do all of your shopping online and Peapod will deliver it to your door, or you can pick it up. I don’t know about you, but anything that saves me from taking all three of my children and my ginormous shopping list to the store is a beautiful thing! This is a great service for the busy family trying to spend less time running errands, and more time together.
After I spent time looking at the website, including shopping the specials section, I quickly filled my cart and was able to easily double check it. The selection was just as good as in store. All of my normal grocery items were available to order online. Peapod also offers a Local Farm Box for purchase. The Farm Box is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box that includes fresh produce from local area farms. Your box will include information about the farms, where the produce was grown, as well as information on the produce you received. Produce will vary each week, but you can see what will be in this week’s box online before you order. What a great way to add more veggies to your meals!
Create an account, select your pick up day and time, and pay! Like I said, it is a very straight forward process that saves you time. Delivery is a 4 hour window. You can sign up for alerts to get a smaller time frame. My delivery actually came 10 minutes before the delivery time (of course, I was not home), but the Peapod customer service was quick to remedy the situation.
- Peapod.com shows the running total of the bill as you shop so it’s easy to determine a budget and stick to it.
- The site sorts products from highest to lowest unit cost in each aisle so it makes finding the best value a breeze – you can also sort by health criteria.
- Avoid impulse buys – since there’s no check-out line, there’s no temptation to buy that candy bar or celebrity magazine (unless you want one!).
- Peapod doubles manufacturers’ coupons and offers a variety of budget friendly store brands like Nature’s Promise and Simply Enjoy.
- Use the Peapod mobile app with great features like Order Genius, which can auto-fill your cart with the items you buy most frequently and even recall shopping history from Stop & Shop or Giant loyalty reward cards.
- Delivery fees run from $7.95-$9.95 depending on order amount.
- Pick up fee is 2.95.
Peapod is giving away a $100 gift card for one of my magnificent readers! To enter, leave a comment below and tell me one item that is on your grocery list!
Connect with Peapod on Social Media!
*Winner will be chosen at random and will be announced on Friday August 28th. Please note that this giveaway is valid for the DC Meto area, and the surrounding counties only.*
I was provided with a complimentary Peapod gift card in exchange for my honest opinion & review. All opinions are always 100% my own.