The Watergate Hotel is featuring festive cookie decorating events for the whole family to enjoy, on Saturday, December 10, and Saturday, December 17! The luxury property’s Pastry Chef, Celia McGhee, will be on hand to demonstrate how to add delicious flair to freshly baked cookies and offer tips to those participating. The event will conclude with a cookie contest with a panel of judges awarding one winner with a special prize!
Get all the details here!
When: 12/10 and 12/17, 11:00am – 1:00pm
(Attendees are encouraged to arrive starting at 10:45am to decorate hats and find seats!)
Where: The Watergate Hotel (2650 Virginia Avenue, NW), Elmore Banquet Room
Price: $20/child (children under 3-years-old can enjoy for free!)
- Each child will receive their own Toque Blanche or chef’s hat that they will decorate
- Access to a table set with sugar cookies, icing, decorating tools and decorating candies (sprinkles, etc.)
- Chef Celia cookie decorating demonstration
- Food and Beverages set up throughout. Buffet for parents to include:
o Coffee, tea, juice & soda
o Orange Juice and Apple Juice
o Hummus & veggies
o Mediterranean Mezze Platter
o Fresh fruit
o Mushroom galettes (crusty cake with savory mushroom filling)
o Lemon meringue tarts
- Contest participation – each child will place their favorite cookie on judge’s table for a chance to win a special prize
- Cookie recipe to take home and decorated cookies!
This sounds like the perfect way to spend a December, Saturday afternoon!