My family and I love to bake around the holidays. There is nothing I love more than baking cookies and the aroma that fills the entire house along with it. My kids love to help bake, especially when there is any kind of decorating involved. Krusteaz has all of your baking needs covered this holiday season with their quality product (just as good as home made) and their variety of cookie mixes.
Krusteaz sent my family and I some of their mixes to try for ourselves. I have to say they were a hit! I even passed some goodies along to friends and neighbors, who all enjoyed the finished product. With a line of cookie mixes like Butter Vanilla Sugar, Shortbread, Snickerdoodle and Triple Chocolate Chunk, what’s not to like?
Along with the holiday season and cookies come great opportunities to throw a party! Check out my tips & tricks to help throw a fabulous cookie party with Krusteaz!
Cookie Party Tips & Tricks!
1. Have an adult and kid table. This way you can limit the craziness that goes along with kids decorating cookies. Stick with a few colors, sprinkles, and set individual settings with supplies for ease.
2. Ask your guests to bring an item to share like sprinkles, candy, or an icing color. This makes it much less stressful on you to supply every last thing!
3. Use mini plastic cups form the Dollar Store to fill with sprinkles, candy and other decorating options. Also, pick up extra plastic knifes and spatulas to use for spreading and decorating.
4. Have a number of cookies per guest to decorate (e.g. 3 per guest).
5. Be sure to have a few drinks and other snacks on hand for your guests to nibble on while decorating.
In addition to sloshing icing onto cookies, my two foodie variations involve Snowmen! Using the Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie mix, bake as directed and then create a snow globe or melted snowman like in the pictures below. It is fun to see the many variations of both of these. Simple, festive, and FUN!
One lucky reader can win a prize pack filled with two boxes of the Butter Vanilla Sugar, Shortbread, Snickerdoodle and Triple Chocolate Chunk mixes, and fun cookie decorating items like a frosting pen, mini-cookie cutters, and FooDoodler Edible Markers! Plus a Krusteaz tote bag! Enter by commenting below with your favorite kind of cookie, good luck!
*Congrats to our winner Deborah!*