We love spending time on the beach. As parents, we all know that packing up and setting up camp for the day can be a lot of work. Check out these brilliant beach hacks that are sure to help make your next trip a breeze!
1. Pack a plastic laundry basket or sturdy bucket, and baby powder for easy rinse off and to be sand free. Once off the beach, head over to a non sand area. Fill the tub or basket up with water to really rinse off legs and feet. This is much easier than standing under the public hose area. Baby powder also provides quick sand removal simply by putting it on the arms/legs and rubbing off.
2. Freeze water balloons for ice packs to keep food and drinks in your cooler nice and cold. When melted use for a water balloon fight. This is great for more reason than one!
3. Use a mesh laundry bag or plastic totes with holes to store and carry beach toys. Afterwards you can easily shake out any extra sand. This eliminates bringing any extra sand home with you! Mesh baskets or even plastic baskets with a weave work great for this.
4. Pack a fitted sheet to create a raised blanket area on the beach. This is nice since it allows you to keep the sand off of your area. Hold the sheet in place by setting chairs or coolers in the corners. Takes up less room in your beach bag than heavier mats or blankets.
5. Keep valuables in an empty sunscreen, deodorant, or chapstick container. Once used, repurpose these containers by cleaning them out and keeping on hand for your next beach trip. They are great for keeping keys and money safe while on the beach. No need for your purse or wallet.
6. Pack DIY frozen Aloe Vera Ice Cubes for sunburn relief. This is easy to make – just freeze the Aloe Vera gel in an ice cube tray. Bring along with you in the cooler to relieve any sunburn.
Do you have a beach hack you love? Share it in the comments! For more beach tips & tricks, check out my Beach Hacks Pinterest Board!